The Filipino CommUNITY of New Brunswick, (CommUNITY), is a not-for-profit organization founded to preserve, share, celebrate, and promote the diversity of Filipino heritage and culture through the arts, traditions, education, and cuisine as represented in the New Brunswick and surrounding area. The CommUNITY is a community funded and would not be able to operate without the generous community financial and in kind support. We are proud of our volunteers.
Objectives of the CommUNITY:
- preserve and promote the Filipino culture and ethnicity among its members as well as promote awareness of this heritage in the Canadian community;
- encourage participation by its members in multicultural activities within New Brunswick and in other communities;
- encourage participation, cooperation, and coordination in community and civic related activities among the various Filipino community in New Brunswick, Canada and other countries;
- provide CommUNITY assistance to Filipino nationals on their arrival in New Brunswick and help them adapt to life in New Brunswick;
- organize events that provide opportunities for social interaction between members of the Filipino community and other New Brunswickers;
- extend charitable efforts not just to Filipino nationals and Filipino Canadians in New Brunswick but to all who are in need here and elsewhere in the world.
- promote social unity and harmonious relations among its members and cultivate mutual understanding and respect among Filipinos, Filipino Canadians and people of all nations;